How to Attach an Embroidered Patch
Iron-On Method (for non-leather garments).
- Place the patch on the garment and cover it with a pressing cloth.
- Empty the water from your iron (you do not steam a patch) and turn it to its cotton setting.
- Iron over the press cloth for 60 seconds. Flip the garment over and iron the opposite side of the garment for 30 seconds.
- Spray the back side of the patch with adhesive spray from ten inches away and let it sit for 30 seconds.
- This will keep the patch in place long enough to complete your stitching.
- If you do not have adhesive spray, double sided tape may be used.
- Place the patch on the garment and press down firmly for 30 seconds once you have found the proper position.
- Begin stitching the edge of the patch and continue to stitch around the entire circumference of the patch.
- Stitch an extra 1-2 inches past your stitching starting point to ensure a strong hold.
Do not iron-on an embroidered patch to a leather garment; you may damage the leather; sew it on instead.